Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Do you agree to this?

Go down

Do you agree to this?

Post by TheHidden01 on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:51 am

The pussification of today's children for one... These poor kids can't even play dodge-ball anymore because it "encourages victimization", can't ride a bicycle without a helmet and knee pads.. Can't climb a tree, can't play tag, can't tackle.. Kids can't have any real fun anymore, they're handed a cellphone from their baby boomer parents so they can text trivial nonsense all day with their shallow friends that wont wear anything that's not branded with a company logo across the chest.. So many shallow people raised in this new age of technology, everyone is so self important now, they all have their own blog so you can read their opinion on tonight's American Idle, or you can go to their Myspace page where they show off their "individualism" by downloading a template someone else made and 2 million other jerk-offs have.. Or you can go to their 'twitter' page where they're going to keep you informed on what they had for lunch today at McDonalds...

This whole culture of political correctness, can't say anything anymore without offending someone, everyone is so sensitive and insecure, can't even laugh at themselves anymore.. Everyone's a narc.. All these bored, goody-good suburban mothers who stand by the window with their finger on the 9-11 quick dial in case some kids are having a squirt gun fight in the street and she thinks its inappropriate and threatened by the use of 'guns'. The same mother who has a padlock on her medicine cabinet because she can't trust her kids around some Tylenol.

No one is formal anymore, no one cleans up or dresses nice anymore.. They want to show off their individualism by wearing the grungiest ugliest mismatched outfit they can because no one else wears it.. Or they only wear branded cloths to show off how bought off they are by some company... And this feminization of the teen boys, these tight woman's pants wearing, hair straitening, tight shirt teen boys, the ones with the painted nails and eye liner.. No one is a professional anymore, employees are encouraged to dress casually so they can't claim to be professionals and get more pay, they are meant to look and feel like office geeks in Hawaiian shirts and jeans..

Musically, the young adults aren't purchasing music like they used to, or they download it instead, the companies are after the profit and the profit is the 13 year old girls who want Britney Spears, NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, Jonas Brothers and all these terrible commercial pop stars, so thats what your hearing on the radio.. Or this whole hip-hop culture that died 15 years ago but is still being milked to the last penny with unoriginal beats, and repetitive jibber-jabber lyrics and some repeated snyth loop.

Same with the movies today, its all about looking pretty, glitter and flash.. Special effects, cutesy fantasy science fiction, or this demoralizing gory crap like Saw.. No real substance or plot, no great well rounded actors, just pretty boys with makeup smeared all over their face and photo-shopped. Nothings is down to earth or realistic.

I'd go on, but I'm sure that's enough to get my argument across.

I agree and disagree to some parts, what do you think?

TH

"Let your character be your weapon, your fellow guild members be your armour, your blood thirst be your helmet, and use your boots to make a stand. After every battle allow your shield to be your faith in one another, and return from battle either carrying it or resting upon it."

Dorek: hopefully it has ingame voip
Dorek: then you could shout at em
Dorek: besides you sound like a fucking psycho anyway so you would make em piss emselves

Currently Watching:- Supernatural, and Avatar
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19972
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you agree to this?

Post by rider_xx on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:26 pm

I agree to all parts, but I come from a long past era, where men were supposed to act manly and women soft and feminine, and everyone was much more happier and content, music was also more in touch with the main stream culture and trends where more about Saturday night excessiveness than an everyday norm. Also everyone felt more imposed to chip in and acknowledge their part in society and take responsibility for their actions.

To be honest I do not see progress in any facet of our society apart from technology and medicine. Spirituality, morality and philosophy have taken a nose dive, but what do I know as I'm only an aging middle aged man who's lost touch with this new narcissistic and self important society.
rider_xx
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Male
Number of posts : 1132
Position in Command : Consigliere to the King
Other Names : WindRider (DCUO) , Magistros (WoW)
Registration date : 2007-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHidden01 on Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:43 pm

rider_xx wrote:I agree to all parts, but I come from a long past era, where men were supposed to act manly and women soft and feminine, and everyone was much more happier and content, music was also more in touch with the main stream culture and trends where more about Saturday night excessiveness than an everyday norm. Also everyone felt more imposed to chip in and acknowledge their part in society and take responsibility for their actions.

To be honest I do not see progress in any facet of our society apart from technology and medicine. Spirituality, morality and philosophy have taken a nose dive, but what do I know as I'm only an aging middle aged man who's lost touch with this new narcissistic and self important society.

Perhaps I am mistaken but I think spirituality and philosophy is making a return. People are seeing this horrible state this is in and people are opening up to it. Think of the Matrix, it definately hit home for a lot of people that felt lost. I believe there is a tolerance for it more now and open mind.

There are alot of negatives though, but guilds also have a good part to play.

TH

"Let your character be your weapon, your fellow guild members be your armour, your blood thirst be your helmet, and use your boots to make a stand. After every battle allow your shield to be your faith in one another, and return from battle either carrying it or resting upon it."

Dorek: besides you sound like a fucking psycho anyway so you would make em piss emselves

TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rider_xx on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:01 am

TheHidden01 wrote:

Perhaps I am mistaken but I think spirituality and philosophy is making a return. People are seeing this horrible state this is in and people are opening up to it. Think of the Matrix, it definately hit home for a lot of people that felt lost. I believe there is a tolerance for it more now and open mind.

TH

Yes, but it is too little too late, and the PC fascists are fighting it with all their might because they want the people to continue to be mindless controlled drones that all speak with the same hive mind, the "matrix" will not relinquish its power without a fight, and I'm afraid only with chaos and violence it will finally be beat down, at least until the next cycle of "world order", VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!

Edit: The main reason I was grossly dissapointed in the third Matrix, is because it shows that instead of Neo tearing down the matrix (and anihilating Smith) as a whole it is gradually passed to the vewers that humans can and must live with the machines that have been butchering and using them for centuries and that sacrifices have to be made to facilitate this goal (Neo's sacrifice). I'm sorry but this whole concept is bullshit and weak minded defeatist, that as humans we need a bigger structured system of control in order to survive. I prefered how the first Matrix ended with Neo threatening the system with TOTAL SHUTDOWN.

I'm quite sure the brothers where shoehorned to take the saga in this direction as it was unacceptable (by the real life "matrix") to leave viewers with the impression that a few raggedy revolutionaries that where portrayed in the first movie freely and happily killing POLICE MEN (immediate inforcers of the system), a very strong and radical image that burned into our minds in that first movie only to be gradually reduced to another system of control (the concept of the One explained to Neo by the Architect) instead of spontaneous HUMAN POWER that breaks the mold ( Morpheus to Neo in the first movie: "they can never be as strong as you can be cause they are restricted by bounderies and rules").

In fewers words the Wachowskis turned their backs on their initial idea, and consequetively sold us viewers out too.... Sad
rider_xx
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHidden01 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:12 pm

rider_xx wrote:
TheHidden01 wrote:

TH

Yes, but it is too little too late, and the PC fascists are fighting it with all their might because they want the people to continue to be mindless controlled drones that all speak with the same hive mind, the "matrix" will not relinquish its power without a fight, and I'm afraid only with chaos and violence it will finally be beat down, at least until the next cycle of "world order", VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!

Edit: The main reason I was grossly dissapointed in the third Matrix, is because it shows that instead of Neo tearing down the matrix (and anihilating Smith) as a whole it is gradually passed to the vewers that humans can and must live with the machines that have been butchering and using them for centuries and that sacrifices have to be made to facilitate this goal (Neo's sacrifice). I'm sorry but this whole concept is bullshit and weak minded defeatist, that as humans we need a bigger structured system of control in order to survive. I prefered how the first Matrix ended with Neo threatening the system with TOTAL SHUTDOWN.

I'm quite sure the brothers where shoehorned to take the saga in this direction as it was unacceptable (by the real life "matrix") to leave viewers with the impression that a few raggedy revolutionaries that where portrayed in the first movie freely and happily killing POLICE MEN (immediate inforcers of the system), a very strong and radical image that burned into our minds in that first movie only to be gradually reduced to another system of control (the concept of the One explained to Neo by the Architect) instead of spontaneous HUMAN POWER that breaks the mold ( Morpheus to Neo in the first movie: "they can never be as strong as you can be cause they are restricted by bounderies and rules").

In fewers words the Wachowskis turned their backs on their initial idea, and consequetively sold us viewers out too.... Sad

Net neutrality is one of the great battles of today, and I am a huge supporter of it, but yes the Gover-fuckers are trying to take control. Take Canada for example, they give so much bandwith then charge 5 bucks per GB after that. Some are saying this is the first step to charging for different parts of the internet (Such as satellite TV). Which imo is complete bullshit. The internet is one of man's greatest inventions and shouldn't be limited by fascist fearful cunts who want to control us.

Maybe I should consider moving this to private sections :p

TH

TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rider_xx on Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:48 am

TheHidden01 wrote:
Net neutrality is one of the great battles of today, and I am a huge supporter of it, but yes the Gover-fuckers are trying to take control. Take Canada for example, they give so much bandwith then charge 5 bucks per GB after that. Some are saying this is the first step to charging for different parts of the internet (Such as satellite TV). Which imo is complete bullshit. The internet is one of man's greatest inventions and shouldn't be limited by fascist fearful cunts who want to control us.

Maybe I should consider moving this to private sections :p

TH

Heh heh, you never know who might be reading our forums... pirat
rider_xx
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum