Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Do you seek out empty MMORPG servers?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you seek out empty MMORPG servers?

Post by TheHidden01 on Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:57 pm

Discussion piece taken from Massively so we can discuss it here.

Empty MMORPG servers freak me out.

It isnít as though I donít play plenty of singleplayer games and sims and RPGs and canít stand to be alone. But being in a world that is supposed to have a ton of people but doesnít? That really bothers me. So I will go to great lengths and spend stupid amounts of money to get off empty servers. I will strategize about how not to end up on a future empty server. And I will quit games that become empty if the game developers refuse to sort it out. I just know that I will have a bad time; very few MMOs are truly fun for me once thereís no one to trade with, talk to, and hunt alongside. (Especially if the economy tanks, I am outta there!)

But there are some gamers who apparently actively seek out the most deserted servers they can. For example, Ultima Online players whoíve long been asking for server merges to deal with the dwindling populations of some of the tiny servers are always reminded that some people actually like being on those tiny servers, where they never have to contend with fighting over spawns, over-saturated crafter markets, high ammo prices, or housing space competition. (Iím sure the sale of character transfers is a backwards motivator for the studio too!)

Are you one of the gamers who seek out empty MMORPG servers, and if so, why? Or are you all about massive or bust?

TH

"Let your character be your weapon, your fellow guild members be your armour, your blood thirst be your helmet, and use your boots to make a stand. After every battle allow your shield to be your faith in one another, and return from battle either carrying it or resting upon it."

Dorek: hopefully it has ingame voip
Dorek: then you could shout at em
Dorek: besides you sound like a fucking psycho anyway so you would make em piss emselves

Currently Watching:- Supernatural, and Avatar
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19748
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you seek out empty MMORPG servers?

Post by TheHidden01 on Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:58 pm

No, I actively seek the polar opposite. I love thriving online worlds, that's why I play this genre. Gimps who want solo because lolsolo is win are playing the wrong genre.

Period.

TH

"Let your character be your weapon, your fellow guild members be your armour, your blood thirst be your helmet, and use your boots to make a stand. After every battle allow your shield to be your faith in one another, and return from battle either carrying it or resting upon it."

Dorek: hopefully it has ingame voip
Dorek: then you could shout at em
Dorek: besides you sound like a fucking psycho anyway so you would make em piss emselves

Currently Watching:- Supernatural, and Avatar
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19748
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top