Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

E3 2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down

E3 2016

Post by TheHidden01 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:56 am

Some big news, gonna post MMO news in this thread among other things.

TH

"Let your character be your weapon, your fellow guild members be your armour, your blood thirst be your helmet, and use your boots to make a stand. After every battle allow your shield to be your faith in one another, and return from battle either carrying it or resting upon it."

Dorek: hopefully it has ingame voip
Dorek: then you could shout at em
Dorek: besides you sound like a fucking psycho anyway so you would make em piss emselves

Currently Watching:- Supernatural, and Avatar
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19828
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Re: E3 2016

Post by TheHidden01 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:57 am

Ark: Survival Evolved will soon let you play and mate as a prehistoric creature

Have you ever been playing ARK: Survival Evolved and wondered what it would be like to live a day in the life of some of these prehistoric creatures that youíre killing? You know: Get up at 5:00 a.m., forage for food, run with the pack, take in a glorious sunrise, and get stabbed to death so that LordButtz can turn your pelt into a golf caddy.

This glorious dream will become reality (sort of) later this year with ARK: Primal Survival. This new total conversion promises to let players jump into the role of many of the animals in the survival game, from ants to sharks to dinosaurs. It will be available for both the Xbox One and the PC.

ďSurvivors will experience full survival mechanics and lifecycles, including mating, growing, recruiting more creatures to your Ďpack,í even constructing primitive dens,Ē the studio posted. ďGamers will experience asymmetric gameplay against or with other specifics, including humans, as well as AI creatures.Ē

Think weíre getting a very early start to next yearís April Fools Day jokes? The proof that this is real lies after the jump!

TH

"Let your character be your weapon, your fellow guild members be your armour, your blood thirst be your helmet, and use your boots to make a stand. After every battle allow your shield to be your faith in one another, and return from battle either carrying it or resting upon it."

Dorek: besides you sound like a fucking psycho anyway so you would make em piss emselves

TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHidden01 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:01 am

E3 2016: The Elder Scrolls VI is a long way away

The launch day of The Elder Scrolls VI shall not be seen by you, or your children, or your childrenís children. Not for a few years or so, at least. Bethesdaís Todd Howard spoke to Kotaku about the franchise at E3 and confirmed that while the company does have plans for the future of the franchise, itís likely that players will hear about other projects before the next installment of the series is being announced to eager fans.

This may be partly about keeping players tuned into The Elder Scrolls Online, which was revealed to be doing quite well for itself; Skyrim is also receiving a remastered edition for consoles. Itís bittersweet news for players who wanted something completely new from the series, but it does mean that you neednít worry about your online adventures in Tamriel being derailed by a new game any time soon.

TH

TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHidden01 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:02 am

E3 2016: The Division releases Underground DLC Trailer

During the pre-E3 festivities today, Ubisoft released the trailer for The Divisionís next DLC: The Underground. The DLC arrives on PC and Xbox One on June 28th and is set to include new urban dungeons, randomly generated missions, and the aforementioned ďundergroundĒ areas. The Survival expansion is set to launch after this DLC, note. Check out the trailer below.

TH

TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHidden01 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:10 am

Kojima Productions announces Death Stranding starring Norman Reedus, dead whales

Hideo Kojima made an appearance at the Sony E3 press conference to announce Kojima Productions' new game and his first since leaving Konami, Death Stranding.

We donít have much beyond an eerie trailer in which Norman Reedus picks up a cyber baby (he may have given birth to) on an ashy beach and cries. Some figures appear in the sky and the camera pans out to reveal a whole bunch of dead marine life. Be good to marine life, you guys.

We donít know if or when itís coming to PC, but back in December when Kojima Productions opened house, a Q&A went up for a bit that said it would only be a timed PS4 exclusive to appear on PC at a later date. That Q&A went down shortly after, but weíre not giving up hope yet.

TH

TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHidden01 on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:11 am

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard announced, trailer released

Update: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard is indeed coming to PC, according to Videogamer, who heard it straight from Capcom's mouth.

Original story:

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard was unveiled at Sony's E3 press conference today. It hasn't been confirmed for PC as yet, but given Capcom's recent efforts to get its games onto our platform Ė and Resident Evil 6's presence on PC Ė there's every possibility that it will.

That said, the instalment, which appears to be played from a first-person perspective, is coming to PlayStation VR. It's unclear whether it'll be available to play on other VR headsets, but we'll know in good time.

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard releases on January 24. I'll update when we know more about its PC viability.

TH

TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHidden01 on Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:18 am

A look at Blade and Soul's new class, the Soul Fighter

Blade & Soul hasnít yet been out for a year and itís already gotten several updates, all good news for the players. While I had assumed the delay was because of a pro-wrestler like death grip from the gameís Korean overseers, I was wrong, as I found out during my discussion with NCsoft at this yearís E3 2016.

Letís jump first into the teamís ongoing localization efforts. See that adorable little otter in the image below? Thatís an exclusive western pet for B&S online. Itís just a small hint that the Korean developers are working with NCSoft West, but it might be easy to overlook.

Although I currently live in Japan, the East Asian video game art motifs ó which are overly fond of portraying girls fighting in fantasy lingerie and heels while lacking muscle mass ó seem pretty silly to me and can be hard-sells for westerners, but clearly fans of B&S go crazy for it. The company also provides arguably equally titillating costumes for men and more conservative dresses for ladies. Some players worry about the ďcensorshipĒ that can go hand-in-hand with localization, which is why youíll probably never see a much more conservative push from the devs.

In addition, for anyone who has a hard time with the voice acting for the game, the team tells me itís been working with more professional-level voice actors, which should help to further lighten the load on localization. The stories may get better just as the team improves, but better delivery can certainly help.

The art of combat

One reason Iíve avoided B&S is because I rarely hear good things about anything beyond its combat and models. Apparently players arenít happy with the crafting system in particular. NCsoft says itís looking into crafting; one thing that should help is a planned series of events that will grant easier access to the high end crafting materials people usually pray they receive with some help from the gameís RMT stores.

Iíve also heard that the gameís competitive scene frequently debates the need to use ping boosters. Apparently, this is because the game didnít launch with the best backend servers, but itís something thatís constantly being worked on, especially as the gameís been quite successful. In fact, when I asked about some recent research into the gameís success, I was told that while the teamís happy with their current rank, the devs recognize how hard it is to fight against the entrenched populations of WoW and Lineage communities. Thatís why theyíre hoping that other systems in addition to combat will help them achieve similar numbers years from now.

The Soul Fighter

I know, most of you are only in this article for this part. While Iím not a B&S player myself, I did check out the Soul Fighter preview, and like some of you, I was worried when I heard that a hybrid ranged/melee control character with life-leeching skills would be introduced: It sounds like WoWís Death Knight release all over again. I was even told that overseas, certain high-ranked PvP players had switched classes and were still dominating with the new class, which doesnít sound good to me. However, NCsoft says that this has to do with the fact that the Soul Fighter has good group-wide damage and control in multiplayer arenas. Lacking a lot of hard control and burst damage also help prevent it from being obviously broken.

Just the same, during my hands-on with the character, I admit I was a bit bored at first, but not really because of the class. Switching between ranged and melee moves was easy and quickly became intuitive. The main issue was that I was a bit overtuned for the encounter, and Iím generally not satisfied with demos in which Iím in no real danger. I was then allowed to enter a solo instance more appropriate for my character and died after valiantly whittling the beast down to about 70% health. If Iíd beaten it the first time, Iíd be worried. I think I could have gotten it the second time, but I was out of time for the demo, which had me itching for another fight Ė which after so many poor demos at this yearís event does say something about the classís fun factor.

TH

TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content