Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

What advice would you give tanks in your MMO?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What advice would you give tanks in your MMO?

Post by TheHidden01 on Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:15 pm

Iíve danced through many roles in MMOs, but the one that remains largely explored for me is that of the tank. Oh, the idea of being wrapped up in a comforting layer of hit points and armor is undeniably attractive ó especially after having played many squishies ó but I have never taken a shine to being the vanguard in dungeons.

It seems, at least to me, that MMOs have the hardest time convincing players to take up the mantle of tanks, considering how in-demand and scarce they tend to be. Maybe itís the fear of letting your entire team down by not being able to protect them, or perhaps itís the stress of needing to know dungeon layouts and boss fights perfectly to avoid scorn.

You all are smart (allegedly)! So whether or not youíve played a tank in your MMO, what advice would you give to a player starting out in this role? What takes an average tank and makes him or her an exceptional one?

TH

"Let your character be your weapon, your fellow guild members be your armour, your blood thirst be your helmet, and use your boots to make a stand. After every battle allow your shield to be your faith in one another, and return from battle either carrying it or resting upon it."

Dorek: hopefully it has ingame voip
Dorek: then you could shout at em
Dorek: besides you sound like a fucking psycho anyway so you would make em piss emselves

Currently Watching:- Supernatural, and Avatar
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19729
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top