Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Which MMORPG could use a good reboot?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which MMORPG could use a good reboot?

Post by TheHidden01 on Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:15 pm

MMORPG reboots might be impractical and inadvisable, but games from Darkfall and DUST 514 to MapleStory and Linkrealms are all giving (or have given) it a go. But it seems to me that most of the games being rebooted during their lifetimes (or being granted a spin-off gameplay server of one form or another) seem to do so in an attempt to rescue themselves or cash in on a new playerbase — not necessarily to update themselves for a modern playerbase.

Some of my favorites unfortunately got sequels rather than reboots. I’d love to see Asheron’s Call get a solid reboot, for example, but I fear hopes for a player-modded AC1 to take us there are dwindling. Classic Guild Wars was a solid game too, and I’d argue that not nearly enough of it made its way into Guild Wars 2.

What do you think? Which MMORPG could use a good reboot — not a sequel or spin-off but a serious attempt to port the game into 2016?

TH

"Let your character be your weapon, your fellow guild members be your armour, your blood thirst be your helmet, and use your boots to make a stand. After every battle allow your shield to be your faith in one another, and return from battle either carrying it or resting upon it."

Dorek: hopefully it has ingame voip
Dorek: then you could shout at em
Dorek: besides you sound like a fucking psycho anyway so you would make em piss emselves

Currently Watching:- Supernatural, and Avatar
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19649
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top