Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

What MMO has your favourite non-combat pets?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What MMO has your favourite non-combat pets?

Post by TheHidden01 on Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:24 pm

Non-combat pets are one of those things that lots of MMOs have hanging around in their own ways. They’re little vanity rewards that allow you to show off some of your accomplishments and look cool, so that’s nice. But every game handles them a little bit differently, and I think it’s indisputable that some games just do the job better than others.

Final Fantasy XIV, for example, doesn’t just have an entire strategy game played with your vanity pets; it also has a variety of options for players to interact with those pets. The Coeurl Kitten bats at whatever you’re fighting and hisses if someone has a dog minion. Several pets will ride on your shoulder. Moogle pets will start dancing with one another. There’s lots of attention to detail, and that keeps my interest.

I also respect World of Warcraft‘s account-wide pets, complete with a minigame and some customization and interactive toys. But what about you, dear readers? What MMO has your favorite non-combat pets?

TH

"Let your character be your weapon, your fellow guild members be your armour, your blood thirst be your helmet, and use your boots to make a stand. After every battle allow your shield to be your faith in one another, and return from battle either carrying it or resting upon it."

Dorek: hopefully it has ingame voip
Dorek: then you could shout at em
Dorek: besides you sound like a fucking psycho anyway so you would make em piss emselves

Currently Watching:- Supernatural, and Avatar
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19875
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What MMO has your favourite non-combat pets?

Post by Dorek on Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:26 pm

well the black desert pets can pick up loots and shit so i think they pretty cool.
Dorek
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Female
Number of posts : 1165
Position in Command : Underboss
Other Names : John Rambo Mclane Rocky Balboa
Registration date : 2010-08-24

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top