Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Do you ever just hang out inside MMORPGs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you ever just hang out inside MMORPGs?

Post by TheHidden01 on Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:15 pm

Taken from Massively, join us on weekdays as we discuss the daily topic. Remember, the thoughts of the OP are not always my own.

When the MMORPG genre was young, I spent a lot of time inside of MMORPGs not doing much besides standing or sitting around and talking to friends. You could call it banksitting or peoplewatching or socializing, but either way, we deliberately used MMO clients as chat clients.

It seems to me that thereís less and less of that as the genre rolls on, and I donít really think itís a result of social media or external communication because IRC and instant messenger programs existed back then and saw wide use among gamers before global channels in MMOs were popular. People just seem far less likely to log in to just hang out. We log into games, take care of our business, and log back out. Communicate outside of games and people look at you funny: Iíve been mocked for my guildís IRC channel, for example.

How about you? Do you ever just hang out inside MMORPGs, or do you take off when the action is over?

TH

"Let your character be your weapon, your fellow guild members be your armour, your blood thirst be your helmet, and use your boots to make a stand. After every battle allow your shield to be your faith in one another, and return from battle either carrying it or resting upon it."

Dorek: hopefully it has ingame voip
Dorek: then you could shout at em
Dorek: besides you sound like a fucking psycho anyway so you would make em piss emselves

Currently Watching:- Supernatural, and Avatar
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19725
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top