Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

The Wrestling Journey - 1995: The Year the Wars Begin!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Wrestling Journey - 1995: The Year the Wars Begin!

Post by TheHidden01 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:17 am

Dragoons!

I'm probably preaching to a deaf crowd here, but maybe, just maybe, there will be a wrestling fan going through the this period and looking for something to accompany them on that journey. This thread my hard rocking amigos, is for you. I will be watching every WWF, WCW, and ECW broadcast from this year, from weekly shows, to the PPVs. Each show I will give a brief opinion and overview with non-spoilers and in a complete fresh style as if I had never seen it before. That being said, be careful when reading ahead, as naturally, they will contain spoilers.

You're welcome to join me, watch in the future, or catch up with me 5 years down the line and talk to me about it, whatever happens, enjoy the journey as much as I have, as I have always wanted to do it, and kept putting it off, but here I go, no stopping, no retreat, no surrender.

1995 is one of the most bittersweet years in wrestling history. Without spoiling too much, many have stated that 1995 is quite frankly WWF's worst year in history. It's not all doom and gloom, as the sweetness comes in the form of a rising ECW that really starts to find it's stride and identity, and then of course WCW debuts Nitro in the Autumn, designed to not only go head to head with RAW, but challenge it for wrestling supremacy. It's an exciting year with the debuts and developments, and we will see the beginning, of the Monday Night Wars.

Current WWF Champions

Spoiler:
WWF Champion:- Diesel
Intercontinental Champion:- Jeff Jarrett
WWF Tag Team Champions:- The Smoking Guns

Current WCW Champions

Spoiler:
WCW Champion:- Hulk Hogan
United States Champion:- Vader
WCW World TV Champion:- Arn Anderson
WCW World Tag Champions:- Harlem Heat

Current ECW Champions

Spoiler:
ECW Heavyweight Champion:- Shane Douglas
ECW Television Champion:- Public Enemy
ECW Tag Team Champions:- Tazz and Sabu

Major Event Winners

Spoiler:
Royal Rumble 1995:- Shawn Michaels

WWF League Table Current

Spoiler:
1st Shawn Michaels - 34pts
2nd Jeff Jarrett - 17pts
3rd 1-2-3 Kid - 15pts

---

TH

Last edited by TheHidden01 on Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:07 pm; edited 11 times in total

"Let your character be your weapon, your fellow guild members be your armour, your blood thirst be your helmet, and use your boots to make a stand. After every battle allow your shield to be your faith in one another, and return from battle either carrying it or resting upon it."

Dorek: hopefully it has ingame voip
Dorek: then you could shout at em
Dorek: besides you sound like a fucking psycho anyway so you would make em piss emselves

Currently Watching:- Supernatural, and Avatar
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19847
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Wrestling Journey - 1995: The Year the Wars Begin!

Post by TheHidden01 on Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:18 am

WWF RAW - January 2nd 1995

Promotion:- WWF
Date:- January 2nd 1995
City:- Liberty, New York

The opening show of the year gave us two dosings of the Allied Powers, Lex and the Bulldog against Bam Bam and Tatanka of Money Inc. Both matches were very physical and while non-related to an ongoing Tag Team Tournament, the announcers inform us that Money Inc has a rivalry with Lex Luger, which may prove interesting heading into the Royal Rumble. This match was both the opener and closing of the show, with The Allied Powers picking up the victory in the end.

In other news we got some build up for the Royal Rumble, heading into the event the card is looking like this:-

WWF Champion Diesel vs Brett Hart - WWF Championship
1995 Royal Rumble Match - Winner goes to the Main Event of Wrestlemania
Intercontinental Champion Razor Ramon vs Jeff Jarrett - Intercontinental Championship
I.R.S vs The Undertaker

I must say that is a fucking great card from top to bottom. Diesel and Brett Hart duking it out for the title will be awesome, the Royal Rumble match is always sweet, Razor and Jeff seems like a fresh mouth watering, interesting clash, and Taker faces Bray's father!

While this RAW may not have been the most exciting, Royal Rumble is certainly shaping up to be so.

In other events, we saw Jeff Jarrett promise to perform and then fail to deliver due to his annoyance with the WWF's technical problems. Must say I find his character interesting, looking forward to seeing this develop.

Next week is the 2 year anniversary of RAW and we got a hot match with the Intercontinental Championship on the line as Razor defends against the King of Hearts, Owen Hart, who also that same night declared he will enter the Royal Rumble. Great main event for the next show!

Overall quiet show, with a hot Royal Rumble on the way.

Results

Bam Bam Bigelow & Tatanka vs. The Allied Powers (Lex Luger & The British Bulldog) ended in a Double Countout
Duke Droese defeated Mike Bell
Jeff Jarrett defeated Buck Quartermaine
The Allied Powers (Lex Luger & British Bulldog) defeated Bam Bam Bigelow & Tatanka

Next Up:- We head to open ECW for 1995!

TH

"Let your character be your weapon, your fellow guild members be your armour, your blood thirst be your helmet, and use your boots to make a stand. After every battle allow your shield to be your faith in one another, and return from battle either carrying it or resting upon it."

Dorek: besides you sound like a fucking psycho anyway so you would make em piss emselves

TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHidden01 on Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:11 am

ECW Hardcore TV - January 3rd 1995

Promotion:- ECW
Date:- January 3rd 1995
City:- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

The first ECW for 1995 and with this show being the only professional wrestling show I've never really seen, but know alot of their wrestlers, I am really excited to get started with the show and see how this crazy, hardcore, number 3 company takes off.

The show opens with a look at Mikey Whipwreck and his former year. Eventually we see him claim a win then watch as his former friend, turns heel, beats the living shit into him and then joins up with Jason, the sexiest man alive. Very brutal beatdown, nice contrast with the niceness of WWF.

The angle with Benoit and Malenko breaking necks is really cool so far. The fucking move on Sabu was BRUTAL, I have no idea how he's still standing after that. Benoit's intensity calling them out was awesome, especially when they embroiled and the crowd was going wild for Sabu.

In the main event we watched an injured Ron Simmons challenge Shane Douglas for the ECW Heavyweight Championship, only to fall short sadly due to his injury. Shane Douglas retains and will face a former member of the four horseman next!

Good show, very gritty, will need to see more stories develop and see how the show really shapes up.

Results

ECW World Tag Team Title Match: The Public Enemy (Johnny Grunge & Rocco Rock) (c) defeat Sabu & The Tazmaniac
ECW World Heavyweight Title Match: Shane Douglas (c) defeats Ron Simmons

Next Up:- Time for my two days off, and we return with RAW featuring the Intercontinental Championship match between Razor Ramon and Owen Hart.

TH

TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHidden01 on Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:00 am

WWF RAW - January 9th 1995

Date:- January 9th 1995
City:- Houston, Texas

The anniversary show of WWF RAW opened with a bang as we saw Razor Ramon defend his Intercontinental Championship against Owen Hart in a really solid match. Given plenty of time, the match went back and forth and ended in chaos as Bret Hart returned to cost Owen the title by attacking him, something Owen Hart did to Bret to cause him to lose the WWF Championship. Thus ensues a brawl as not only does Bret Hart get pounding on Owen, but along came Jeff Jarrett to attack Razor whom he faces for the Intercontinental Championship at the Royal Rumble. Bret and Razor came out on top, in an awesome sequence full of great talent. I am keen to see how both rivalries develop.

William Shatner made an appearance on King's Court and ended up tussling with Jerry Lawler. Bret Hart came out again, as did Jeff Jarrett, again to even the sides up and keep the hostilities seperated. Later on Jeff Jarrett, who is due to face Bret in his first match back next week on RAW, stated that Shatner will suffer a horrible fate next week.

The main event was a tuxedo match. If you watched it, I feel sorry for you. Horrible, awful television, to this day I have no idea why that happened.

The main four involved in the opening match which was great, otherwise the rest of the show was quiet, ending horribly.

Results

Owen Hart defeated Razor Ramon (c) by Disqualification for the Intercontinental Championship
Hakushi (w/ Shinja) defeated Matt Hardy
King Kong Bundy defeated Gary Sabaugh
Howard Finkel (w/ The Bushwhackers) defeated Harvey Wippleman (w/ Well Dunn) in a Tuxedo match

Next Up:- On Wednesday I will watch the latest ECW episode, what will happen involving the ECW Championship?

TH

TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHidden01 on Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:10 am

ECW Hardcore TV - January 10th 1995

Date:- January 10th 1995

ECW Hardcore TV kicked off with a debut, or "birth" as we are told, of The Raven, who is the manager of Stevie Richards. Upon his debut, he rambled some deep society issues, and looked really unique. Raven's initial look is brilliant, and his dark, societal ramblings could be fascinating. He helped Stevie win, and no doubt we will learn more about him as time passes by.

Throughout the show we caught highlights of the party celebrating ECW's new TV deal in a night club, it's unique, but un-eventful.

Finally the main event had 2 Cold Scorpio call out the Shooter, Dean Malenko, and the crippler, Chris Benoit. He told them he and Ron Simmons would beat the shit into them (We also heard Ron say he will beat Shane Douglas for the title in a promo), he was promptly attacked by them both, just before The Sandman came out for his match. The Sandman broke him down hard, but 2 Cold came back like superman and took the win. The fact he came back after that seems a bit unbelievable to me honestly, especially as the three men who beat him down are pushed as very big threats. Bit of a slip on the booking.

While a good show, with a great start, the booking at the end with the match was pretty bad.

Results

Stevie Richards defeats Hack Myers
Too Cold Scorpio defeats The Sandman

Next Up:- Time for my two days off, next shows will be in Sweden, RAW will have Bret Hart returning against Jeff Jarrett, that should be awesome.

TH

TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHidden01 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:52 am

WWF RAW - January 16th 1995

Date:- January 16th 1995
City:- Houston, Texas

The go home show for the Royal Rumble was here and it really felt like there was a buzz in the air for anticipation for the event.

Firstly we discovered that the WWF Tag Team Championship match-up will take place between 1-2-3 Kid and Bob Holly vs. Bam Bam Bigelo and Tatanka. We got to see the 1-2-3 Kid and Holly in action, and the team in general seemed over with the crowd, especially 1-2-3 which for a skinny guy, is cool. Match seems interesting so looking forward to this.

The real big story of the night was the match between Bret Hart and Jeff Jarrett, Bret hasn't lost a step, if anything he's more aggressive and looks primed and ready to compete for the WWF Championship with a strong win against JJ heading into the PPV.

With Royal Rumble on the way we have a stellar card, here's my analysis of the upcoming PPV:-

30 Man Royal Rumble - Really no obvious candidate to win, going to be fascinating, especially as world title match can go either way.
WWF Champion Diesel vs Bret Hart - Again, no clear winner, both have the chops to come out of this one.
Intercontinental Champion Razor Ramon vs Jeff Jarrett - Looking forward to this, but JJ has lost alot of big matches, going for Razor here.
I.R.S vs The Undertaker - Seen nothing of this fued, so can't judge.
1-2-3 Kid and Bob Holly vs Bam Bam Bigelo and Tatanka for the WWF Tag Team Championship - Close call, going for the 1-2-3 kid and Holly, crowd favourites and look hot.

Going to be a strong PPV, and with it being a Royal Rumble, it's always exciting to watch!

Results

1-2-3 Kid & Bob Holly defeated The Heavenly Bodies (Tom Prichard & Jimmy Del Ray) (w/ Jim Cornette)
Mantaur (w/ Jim Cornette) defeated Jason Arndt
Bret Hart (w/ William Shatner) defeated Jeff Jarrett (w/ The Roadie)
Mabel defeated Lee Toblin

Next Up:- It's back to ECW, what is this mysterious Raven going to do next?!

TH

TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHidden01 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:39 pm

ECW Hardcore TV - January 17th 1995

Date:- January 17th 1995

ECW has been interesting to start with but I would say this has been the best show I have watched. From top to bottom this was a solid event. Opening with Raven, we got a look at this Grunge wrestler and I love it, especially when he mentioned he's the generation left behind by Kurt Cobain. He's challenging Tommy Dreamer by the sounds of it, so I wonder how this will go down.

We got to see Mikey Whipwreck face off against his former friend in a solid match, some fun high spots, but Paul Lauria took the win. Something tells me this isn't over.

We saw a great Public Enemy promo taunting other wrestlers, love their style, and love their natural bad guy charisma, really awesome team.

While we saw some strong solid wrestling such as the Al Snow match, the main event was what ECW did best, a bloody beat down saw the Bad Breed split up. Love how the other brother attacked his bro the moment they split, if that's not ECW I don't know what is.

Overall solid card, some good catch up on Benoit and Malenko's reign of terror which is well done by ECW to keep the fued fresh. I'm excited to see how Raven pans out, and I want to see more Public Enemy.

Results

Paul Lauria defeats Mikey Whipwreck
Al Snow defeats Osamu Nishimura
The Pitbulls (Pitbull #1 & Pitbull #2) defeat Bad Breed (Axl Rotten & Ian Rotten) - Losing team must split up.

Next Up:- Day off, and then it's time for the ROYAL RUMBLE BABY! Who will go onto Wrestlemania?

TH

TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHidden01 on Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:46 am

Royal Rumble 1995

Date:- January 22nd 1995
City:- Tampa, Florida

It was finally here, the one event everyone always looks forward too and the beginning of the Road to Wrestlemania! Pamela Anderson would be there to celebrate the winner and walk them to the ring for the main event, because, like always, the winner of the Royal Rumble will compete for the WWF Championship at the biggest event of the year!

Not only that we have a mouth watering tie between Diesel and Bret Hart for the WWF Championship, Razor and JJ face off for the Intercontinental Championship, we will greet new Tag team champions. Let's get started on this electrifying night!

Intercontinental Champion Razor Ramon vs Jeff Jarrett for the Intercontinental Championship

This match had been built up well with both competitors being heavily featured on RAW in 1995. The match was pretty well done, and while it went back and forth, it seemed to end when Razor got injured and counted out. JJ taunted him back, and the match was restarted to eventually see a weakened Razor fight valiantly but to defeat. JJ won, and became the new Intercontinental Champion!

Jeff Jarrett and Razor are both great stars and have carried RAW, glad to see them have a solid match, and impressed with JJ. Looking forward to seeing what he can do with the belt!

Winner:- Jeff Jarrett

I.R.S vs The Undertaker

Tonight featured several bouts involving Ted DiBiase's Million Dollar Corporation, the first of which would end in ruin as I.R.S couldn't get the job done even with his Druids! Undertaker was a force to be reckoned with and looked awesome out there. There would be one cog in the works as overwhelming numbers during a beat down at the end saw him get taken out by the massive King Kong Bundy, and his urn get stolen.

Bundy looks a far more imposing threat for Taker and methinks he may yet have more for Taker. With the urn taken as well, what effect will this have on Taker?

Winner:- The Undertaker

WWF Champion Diesel vs Bret Hart for the WWF Championship

One of the major events, and one I was personally looked forward too was really enjoyable, but also dumb. This match was looong, just under 30 minutes, which when you think of Diesel, you don't expect. That being said I felt this was a hard, physical match, that saw Bret show a mean side only to have it reciprocated by Diesel.

From top to bottom this was real solid imo, the issue for me came when you have wrestlers interfering, no DQ, then a chair being used, AND STILL NO DQ. Finally after BOTH wrestlers got attacked, the match was ended in a draw. Great match, but some poor booking choices did hamper it.

Diesel remains champ though going into Wrestlemania. While I do like him, Bret Hart's aggression is impressing me, and he's fast becoming my favourite.

Winner:- DRAW

1-2-3 Kid and Bob Holly vs Bam Bam Bigelo and Tatanka for the WWF Tag Team Championship

The final of the tournament for the vacant WWF Tag Championships really looked like it was swinging in the way of The Million Dollar Corporation, but surprisingly it didn't. The new tag champs were the unlikely pairing of 1-2-3 Kid and Bob Holly, even if they both, especially the kid, made some stupid errors.

The crowd boomed loud for the winners here, not a good night so far for Ted DiBiase!

Winner:- 1-2-3 Kid and Bob Holly

The 1995 Royal Rumble Match

This match was all about the tale of two men, two started and two ended. Shawn Michaels and The British Bulldog lasted the entire way in what I feel was a star lacking, over fast, Royal Rumble.

The main bigger hitters (aside from Luger and Bundy), were all quickly eliminated thanks to Bret Hart. While it was awesome to see him attack Owen and later Bob Backlund, it did mean that the actual Rumble lacked star power. When you look at who the final four was, it really becomes evident.

That being said, Shawn came out on top, and he deserves it. The main leaks charisma and with WWF struggling for star power as it is, and nearly all of the bigger stars occupying other matches, Shawn really did look great. He will now face Diesel at the main event of Wrestlemania!

Winner:- Shawn Michaels

The Royal Rumble concludes with the right man winning imo. The roster is lacking depth and that's worrying, but the talent it does have, shines bright. Shawn and Diesel will be very interesting, and with Bret now having lost everything, attacking everyone who caused him issues, it means RAW could be very enticing tomorrow!

Solid Rumble, but the main event lacked, I'll give it 6/10, mainly because the very match it's supposed to shine for, didn't shine.

Next Up:- New Tag Champs defend their titles, will we see Michaels? And what will Bret do next?!

TH

TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHidden01 on Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:34 am

WWF RAW - January 23rd 1995

Date:- January 23rd 1995
City:- Palmetto, Florida

The fallout from the Royal Rumble opened with the heartbreak kid, Shawn Michaels, heading to the ring after winning the 1995 Royal Rumble and qualifying for the main event at Wrestlemania, for the WWF Championship. Looking great, he headed to commentary and would drop promos all night explaining how he was smart and no one else had a chance against him. Vince remarked that he was a marked man, and he should get a bodyguard. Shawn just said he's got it all planned out, wonder what that could mean, how will Michaels survive?

The opening match would be shocking. 1-2-3 Kid and Bob Holly had a Cinderella win, that saw them both go over with the crowd at the Royal Rumble, but remarkably they lost it within 24 hours as The Smoking Guns won to become the new WWF Tag Team Champions! Amazing result, totally unexpected and we welcome new champions!

JJ also cut a funny promo, and even called out the WWF Champion Diesel, saying he wants that belt. That would be interesting to see, will the champion accept it?

In the main event The British Bulldog picked up a win to close the show. He had many taunts and threatening words for Shawn Michaels, so we have seen the first hitman for the heartbreak kid. Is this the first challenge for Michaels?

Overall it was an interesting show, with a shocking outcome in the tag team championship match. JJ and Shawn were gold on the stick, can't wait to see more of them. Will Michaels clash with The British Bulldog?

Final Results

The Smoking Gunns (Billy Gunn & Bart Gunn) defeated 1-2-3 Kid & Bob Holly (c) to win the WWF Tag Team Championship
Irwin R. Schyster defeated Buck Quartermaine
The British Bulldog defeated The Black Phantom

Next Up:- We head out back to ECW, time to see what Raven is up to!

TH

TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHidden01 on Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:46 am

ECW Hardcore TV - January 24th 1995

Date:- January 24th 1995
City:- Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Wrestling is hot in Florida as ECW joins WWF with a show here. At the University, ECW continued their strong form with two excellent matches and some cool segments. Opening with alot of Public Enemy we got to see more of who and what their characters are, really enjoy seeing their segments every week. There were only two matches on the whole show, but they were both main event worthy.

Benoit and 2 Cold are both top stars in ECW and they have a physical strong match that saw Benoit just come out on top. 2 Cold sucked for me in WCW before '95 but he seems real cool, and with his smooth moveset (dat moonsault), he is really keeping up with wrestlers like Benoit who bring it in the ring.

We saw more Raven, and once again he focused on his generation and Tommy Dreamer. Why he's going for Tommy Dreamer is still a mystery to us. Perhaps it could be that it's because he ended the streak of his partner.

The main event saw the ECW Championship being defended by Shane Douglas against Ron Simmons. While this match was a great contest, Ron Simmons was injured and it cost him in the end. A hard move from the top turnbuckle onto Ron Simmon's arm, caused the ref to end the contest.

At the end after the champion called someone out to challenge him, Tully Blanchard ran out and attacked him, but was dragged down by Benoit and Malenko who came out to assist him. Looks like Tully is getting ready for their World Championship match.

Overall I'm really enjoying the style and un-predictability of ECW. There are some awesome character building segments, which is amazing considering it's only 45 minutes long. Even if wrestlers are not competing they get good promo time, or even side segments highlighting them.

We got some hot matches coming up soon, including Cactus Jack vs The Sandman in a Falls Count Anywhere match which will be awesome.

Results

Chris Benoit defeats Too Cold Scorpio
ECW World Heavyweight Title Match: Shane Douglas (c) defeats Ron Simmons by TKO

Next Up:- It's time for our first WCW event, with Clash of the Champions!

TH

TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHidden01 on Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:08 am

Clash of the Champions XXX - January 25th 1995

Promotion:- WCW
Date:- January 25th 1995
City:- Las Vegas, Nevada

The first WCW event of 1995 that I will be watching and it features a hot card including the World Tag Championships, and TV Championship being on the line. The World Champion himself, Hulk Hogan is in action, who is one of the biggest, if not THE biggest stars in wrestling history. If you are new to this man, you are in for a treat of momentous proportions.

Let's get down to it!

WCW Television Champion Arn Anderson vs Johnny B. Badd for the WCW Television Championship

The opening bout saw Arn Anderson retain his title to a hot Johnny B. Badd. Using every dirty trick imaginable, Arn cheated his way to victory, with a little help from his friends, before ending the match by saying "I did it all by myself", that did make me chuckle. Arn Anderson retains!

Winner:- Arn Anderson

Alex Wright vs Bobby Eaton

Billed as a match of up of high flyers, Alex Wright is just 18 years old here, which is crazy young for a wrestler. To give you some perspective, 28 is considered young, 30 years old is around prime, and the youngest world champion in history, Randy Orton, was 6 years older than him!

That being said, he looked great in the ring for his young years, and picked up a good victory.

Winner:- Alex Wright

World Tag Team Champions Harlem Heat vs Stars and Stripes for the World Tag Team Championship

Harlem Heat looked strong in this match, can't say I like Stars and Stripes at all, so I was happy to see them lose. I fucking hate American fanatics, don't even get me started on fucking The Patriot.

Winner:- Harlem Heat

Avalanche vs Sting with special guest Referee The Guardian Angel

Sting had a mammoth task against Avalanche but came out on top even if The Guardian Angel was siding against Sting. Sting is a superb star, and I can't wait to see more of him.

Winner:- Sting

The Mega Maniacs vs The Dungeon of Doom

The main event then would feature the World Champion himself, teaming up with former WWF Champion Randy Savage against the faction of The Dungeon of Doom. This match went back and forth and had the ominous presence of Vader who is due to face Hogan for the World Championship, and former World Champion, Ric Flair. For new fans, perhaps it's important to note that Hogan, Savage, Flair and Vader are all Hall of Famers, so there is a tremendous amount of star power on display.

Perhaps the highlight of the match was the damage Savage sustained, getting the living bullshit beaten out of him, it wouldn't last however, as The Mega Maniacs would pick up the win. At the end Vader attacked, but they both fought him off.

Winner:- The Mega Maniacs

Overall it was a solid Clash of the Champions. I am very intrigued to see Hogan vs Vader which happens in February. I wont be watching the weekly show of WCW until Nitro later this year, so if you're wondering why the updates are so sporadic that's why. That being said, I will watch all PPVs and Clash of the Champions.

Next Up:- Back to RAW, JJ is after the WWF Title, and Shawn has an angry British Bulldog on his tail.

TH

TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHidden01 on Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:13 pm

WWF RAW - January 30th 1995

Date:- January 30th 1995

WWF was back in Florida for this taped show, and while RAW has been solid over the past few weeks, I felt this show really dropped the ball and was dead quiet. The opening match with Mabel was bullshit so I wont even say anything else on that.

The one good segment was the one with Bam Bam, he actually cut a good promo and it has made me more intrigued about the potential challenge that has been laid down for the American Footballer.

Aside from that, we learned that Bob Backlund is going batshit, and wants everyone to scream "I quit, Mr Bob Backlund" when he has them in the hold lol. He is certainly intense.

Lastly, The Smoking Guns retained the title after the 1-2-3 Kid spazzed out in the ring. As far as I can tell, that's legit, pretty freaky shit!

Not a great show at all, just felt like filler.

Final Results

King Kong Bundy (w/ Ted DiBiase) defeated Mabel
Hakushi defeated Ricky Santana
Aldo Montoya defeated David Sierra
The Smoking Gunns (Billy Gunn & Bart Gunn) (c) defeated 1-2-3 Kid & Bob Holly to retain the WWF Tag Team Championship
Kama defeated Jumbo Berretta

Next Up:- ECW time and we have a falls count anywhere match up to come.

TH

TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHidden01 on Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:59 pm

ECW Hardcore TV - January 31st 2015

Date:- January 31st 1995
City:- Orlando, Florida

Another great show by ECW as segment after segment we are getting hit after hit. Opening with the tag team championship, The Public Enemy retained to remain champions. Solid hardcore match, with a highlight ending with 911 choke slamming the referee after he gave Pubic Enemy the win.

We had some excellent promos tonight as well. Shane Douglas cut a great promo on Tully Blanchard and declared his partnership with Malenko and Benoit as the triple threat. These top card wrestlers are exceptional and will no doubt cause utter havoc together. Can't wait to see the damage they cause.

We also saw yet another Raven promo building up to his hatred of Tommy Dreamer. Great location and great storytelling here which is building the character of Raven. I fucking love every segment he's in.

The main event saw a vicious match between Cactus Jack and The Sandman. Cactus got the win, but Sandman beat him down at the end, even trying to gauge his eye with a cigarette, thankfully Mikey Whipwreck was there to save Jack. At the end Jack cut an amazing promo, saying he wants to go down to the darkness in a Texas Death Match against The Sandman. Loved the promo, love Jack, and can't wait to see the depths these two will go down to in their next match.

Fantastic show from top to bottom, definitely the best show right now.

Final Results

ECW World Tag Team Title Match: The Public Enemy (Johnny Grunge & Rocco Rock) (c) defeat Sabu & The Tazmaniac
Falls Count Anywhere Match: Cactus Jack defeats The Sandman

Next Up:- Day off and then it's back to RAW, hopefully it will be better!

TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHidden01 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:00 am

Wrestler of the Month - January 1995 - Jeff Jarrett WWF

Every month I will be naming the Wrestler of the Month and this month I have selected Jeff Jarrett. JJ has carried RAW and has been hilarious. He has had some excellent matches and while he hasn't always ended up on top, he did successfully win the Intercontinental Championship from Razor Ramon.

Show of the Month - ECW

Great cards from top to bottom with intriguing characters. This show is destroying everything in my eyes right now, and rightly so. Really excellent, especially the last few episodes which has had literally no boring segments.

TH

Last edited by TheHidden01 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHidden01 on Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:48 pm

WWF RAW - February 6th 1995

Date:- February 6th 1995

The final RAW before a week's break and while this certainly had some better segments, all in all, it featured the same squash bores as last week. The major match on the card featured a six man tag which unfortunately was just a fat guy bore fest. The Million Dollar Corporation grabbed the win though, in a win they needed.

The best segment was the interview with the WWF Champion himself, Diesel. This was very relaxed, and very natural, which is strange considering Diesel's promos have felt very forced lately. He spoke about different stars and we learned more about what he's doing outside of the company to promote the WWF. Good interview, and a nice natural look at the Champion.

We also heard news on Lawrence, and apparently he's chickened out from a challenge from Bam Bam. Guess he's a bitch.

Aside from that, the rest was just squash matches. There were some key developments for the future however. Firstly Shawn will no longer commentate which I'm sad about. Next, while there is no RAW next week, there is a stacked RAW in two weeks. We have Shawn Michael's unveiling his new bodyguard, Bam Bam returns, and the main event will be Diesel defending the WORLD Championship against JJ!

Gonna be awesome, better than this shit anyway! I do think with them taping three shows it seems to be a great first show, then poor or more filler follow up shows.

Anyway, off to the results!

Final Results

King Kong Bundy, Irwin R. Schyster, & Tatanka defeated Men on a Mission & Lex Luger
Man Mountain Rock defeated Charlie Hunter
Mantaur (w/ Jim Cornette) defeated Leroy Howard
Razor Ramon defeated Frank Lancaster
Henry Godwinn defeated Bill Weaver

Next Up:- ECW is back baby! The number one show of the month!

TH

TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHidden01 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:34 pm

ECW Hardcore TV - February 7th 1995

Date:- February 7th 1995

Another great show came out of Philadelphia as we got to see some awesome action with two key segments. Firstly we saw a good six man tag that saw Jason's Pitbulls come out on top with what looks like a fucking serial killer. Sadly the serial killer looks shit in the ring but we will see. Jason carried this segment with his personality, but the best was the end when Sha not only beat up his waste of space team mates, but then attacked that bride LOL! What made it ever funnier was when she kissed him because she liked it so much! Oh ECW, it's like Dorek sense of humour.

The main event saw Benoit face Snow in a great technical clash. Benoit came out with the win and looked excellent. He's a major star in ECW and was made to look it throughout the show. We learnt that the new tag champions are Sabu and Tazz, and the shooter and he will face them for the titles, which sounds awesome to me.

Overall, it was a quieter show, but good nonetheless.

Next Up:- RAW is off, so it's back to ECW again! Will we see more developments in this new tag title clash?

TH

TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheHidden01 on Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:01 pm

ECW Hardcore TV - February 14th 1995

Date:- February 7th 1995

ECW was the only show for this week and so with it taking prime time, ECW kicked us off with a steady show much like last week. The show opened with a segment looking at Benoit which ECW seems to do to keep wrestlers current if there is no plan for them to appear on the show.

Mickey Whipwreck finally got his victory against Lauriar, which delighted the crowd. What I like about ECW is the faces really are faces, because they are not forced, and not goody two shoes. They are natural tough guys, badass, that the crowd loves.

Cactus Jack and The Sandman had another fucking war, which was awesome to watch. Really enjoy it when these two psychos dish out the pain upon each other. Apparantly however, Sandman suffered a brain concussion, which means the big match between the two wont happen. Instead, Sandman has found a replacement for the Cactus Jack. Lord only knows what dogshit insane friends he has!

The show closed with a highlight of 911 killing Lauriar. Great crowd interaction with Heyman and them, with a great ECW chant at the end of the show.

Solid showing, but I am missing Raven, I wonder what's up with that?

Next Up:- WCW is back, and this time it's PPV, SuperBrawl is here!

TH

TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top