Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

How often are your MMO goals thwarted?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How often are your MMO goals thwarted?

Post by TheHidden01 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:36 pm

Borrowed" from Massively, join in on the weekday discussions and let your opinions be heard!

I logged into Ultima Online over the weekend absolutely determined to achieve a very specific thing: imbue some gear for my Tamer. But first I wanted to finish off my Arms Lore, which meant finishing the last few points of my Tailoring and Blacksmithing grind. But I ran out of ingots, so I needed to go mining first. But before I could do that, I needed to move my Mining skill back to my Blacksmith, which meant I first needed finish up some maps on my Treasure Hunter. That meant cleaning her inventory out of plants. And while I was doing that, I figured Iíd plant a few more on my Paladin, so I needed to pull out my Bard to scrounge up some peculiar seedsÖ

Two hours later, I was somehow on my boat, salvaging shipwrecks on my Fisher, and I never did actually get to my imbuing.

This isnít something you see only in classic sandboxes, either; more than once in World of Warcraft Iíd want to gear up for a dungeon or finish off just one more achievement and come to my senses a few hours later on a different character on different continent with a quest log full of dailies and a backpack full of herbs.

And you know what? Thatís awesome.

Does this ever happen to you? How often are your MMO goals thwarted and distracted?

- Z

"Let your character be your weapon, your fellow guild members be your armour, your blood thirst be your helmet, and use your boots to make a stand. After every battle allow your shield to be your faith in one another, and return from battle either carrying it or resting upon it."

Dorek: hopefully it has ingame voip
Dorek: then you could shout at em
Dorek: besides you sound like a fucking psycho anyway so you would make em piss emselves

Currently Watching:- Supernatural, and Avatar
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19673
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How often are your MMO goals thwarted?

Post by TheHidden01 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:37 pm

Possibly, I'm pretty easily distracted unless it's PvP orientated.

TH

"Let your character be your weapon, your fellow guild members be your armour, your blood thirst be your helmet, and use your boots to make a stand. After every battle allow your shield to be your faith in one another, and return from battle either carrying it or resting upon it."

Dorek: hopefully it has ingame voip
Dorek: then you could shout at em
Dorek: besides you sound like a fucking psycho anyway so you would make em piss emselves

Currently Watching:- Supernatural, and Avatar
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19673
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top