Please login to experience the full glory of the Dragoon forums!

Which MMO has the best economy?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which MMO has the best economy?

Post by TheHidden01 on Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:11 pm

I'm an incurable trader and merchant, maybe even more than I'm a crafter, so I'm forever droning on about the good ol' days in long-gone sandboxes where players, not raid bosses, delivered all the objects used in the world. Making stuff is great, and lots of MMOs, even themeparks, have that, but I also I like setting up shops, trading on auction halls, finding great deals, and knowing just went to buy low to sell high, which isn't always the type of creative PvP gameplay that modern MMORPGs enable, let alone embrace.

But you can't trade in long-gone sandboxes, either, so today I want tap the collective wisdom of the Massively readers: Which MMO has the most vibrant crafting and trading economy, right now, in a legally playable and living MMO? Specifically, where's the best MMO to truly be a player merchant?

TH

"Let your character be your weapon, your fellow guild members be your armour, your blood thirst be your helmet, and use your boots to make a stand. After every battle allow your shield to be your faith in one another, and return from battle either carrying it or resting upon it."

Dorek: hopefully it has ingame voip
Dorek: then you could shout at em
Dorek: besides you sound like a fucking psycho anyway so you would make em piss emselves

Currently Watching:- Supernatural, and Avatar
TheHidden01
Dragoon King
Dragoon King

Male
Number of posts : 19800
Position in Command : King
Registration date : 2007-03-11

http://www.alwaysdragoons.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Which MMO has the best economy?

Post by General Yoghurt on Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:15 pm

Never been good at being a merchant but i'd say WoW as ive had most experience with it. It's really open where alot of things can be traded in for lots of moneys.

But then people will overprice shit as well due to high interest but then again what game doesn't have such.

Edit: Totally forgot about eve, have to agree on that, the whole game is extremely driven by player in it self

Last edited by General Yoghurt on Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
General Yoghurt
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Male
Number of posts : 942
Position in Command : Wanking Corner.
Other Names : Yog you wog
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorek on Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:19 pm

eve online clearly always has a market and economy completely player driven as well.
Dorek
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Female
Number of posts : 1150
Position in Command : Underboss
Other Names : John Rambo Mclane Rocky Balboa
Registration date : 2010-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Vosiler on Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:21 pm

out of games that are still going EVE prob produces more but Mortal Online crafting has quality to it so a lets say a sword made by someone will be better than by someone else etc

but out of games of all time SWG hands down had the best, had more people producing it than in eve and had the different quality that mortal online has in SWG there was classes exclusivity made just for crafting (before the revamps and shit)
Vosiler
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Male
Number of posts : 251
Other Names : Vosilerx,
Registration date : 2008-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down